Gas Fireplace Specialists
Does my fireplace need servicing? See if your fireplace has any of these symptoms.
- Glass panel is dirty
- A strong odor or gas smell is present when fireplace is on.
- The pilot light is yellow.
- There is an accumulation of dirt/dust on the top and bottom of the firebox.
- The fireplace turns off shortly after igniting. I can't get the pilot lit.
- If the fireplace has been shut down for the season, there may be air in the gas line.
- The thermopile/generator may need to be replaced.
- The pilot line may be clogged. - The gas valve may need to be replaced.
My fireplace doesn't turn on.
- The valve may not be in the ON position.
- The wall switch may need to be replaced.
- The thermocouple may need to be replaced
- The gas valve may need to be replaced. There is a white or black substance all over my glass.
- The oxygen air sleeve may need to be adjusted. My flame is all blue or all yellow.
-- The oxygen air sleeve may need to be adjusted
- The vent may be clogged.
In the event of an emergency: Call 911
Know your fireplace: Always know where the emergency shut-off valve is located for your system. This is often a jones valve (gas key) or a shut-off valve located on the bottom of the fireplace.